I never recommend anything to parents that I have not tested out for myself with my own family.
A few years ago when my youngest was coming up to the end of primary school, I was looking for a tool to boost her confidence in Maths and English and also help her to prepare for some selective exams.
Then I came across a brilliant new learning platform called ‘Atom’.
I have always been in favour of a fun, non- pressurised learning approach and firmly believe that with solid foundations and parental support, children will end up where they need to be.
I do however know as a former teacher, that over the long stretch of the Summer holidays, children can get a bit rusty and forget what they learnt.
So, I thought it would be helpful to share what I discovered and literally cannot recommend this highly enough.
What is it
- Online, adaptive learning platform for 7-11 year olds.
- Linked directly to the UK National Curriculum and supports children with English, Maths, Science, Verbal and Non-verbal reasoning
- Useful for boosting the confidence of children who are struggling or stretching children who are gifted and talented.
- Reinforces learning for all children, especially useful over the long stretch of the summer holidays.
- Preparation for 11+ grammar schools and selective Independent school exams.
My favourite features
✅The algorithm adapts to your child’s learning style and pace, so questions are pitched at the right level for your child.
✅It is fun, motivating and does not feel like work.
✅It is easy for parents to track their children’s progress with learning reports, highlighting strengths and areas for improvement.
✅It is marked instantaneously so children reive immediate feedback.
✅There are endless mock tests for all the varying exam styles, so you can target specific entrance school tests.
✅You or a tutor can set the work yourself or the Atom algorithm does it for you.
✅If a child is stuck they can get a help sheet or video tutorial.
✅When an answer is wrong, there is a video of a teacher explaining it. This is a much cheaper, more accessible option than a tutor.
✅It allows your child to work totally independently.
✅Over 1000 prep and primary schools use it.
✅It is free for schools to use.
You can explore the platform with a free trial and cancel at any time.